Today is A's 5th birthday. We celebrated with family, gifts and cake. He did not eat one bite of either birthday cake. I cannot believe how mature he has become over the past year. He is becoming a great big brother. He is a very active little boy who charms everyone with his happy nature.
The time since he joined our family has passed so quickly. It is so difficult to celebrate the boys' birthdays without my mind traveling to Vietnam. I wish with all my heart that I knew what this day was like for him and his birth family. I wish I knew more of the circumstances surrounding his day of birth and what must have been a heart wrenching decision for his birth mom. I wonder about the first few months of his life. There are so many things I missed... so many things I will never know about that time. I wish I could let his birth family know that he is always warm. He always has enough to eat. He always sleeps in a comfortable bed. He is loved and respected and all his talents are encouraged. He is smart. He is funny. He is happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment