Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Missing the Babies

Dear husband is starting a new job this week.  He is actually returning to his old job.  Therefore due to work and childcare conflicts  the boys are spending the week with grandma.  It has been three days since we have seen our sweet babies.  It has been wonderful to have free time, however I feel a little lost as to how to fill my days without two babies needing me to feed them, dress them, and break up their fights, read to them, brush their teeth and wipe their noses.

There are so many productive things I should spend my days doing while I have all the free time in the world to complete these tasks.

Here are the things I should be doing...

-cleaning the house

-making sure all the diapers are clean for B's return (he is wearing disposables at grandma's)

-giving the dog a bath

-preparing all our summer vegetables to have for meals through the winter

-going to the social security office to get a card for B

-paying bills

-birthday preparation for A

-school shopping

-exercising

-mowing the lawn (well at least helping dear husband mow the lawn)

-grocery shopping

Here are the things I have spent the past few days doing instead....

-Reading a new book I bought after spending an hour in the book store browsing books and drinking coffee

-blogging

-catching up on all the blogs I follow

-napping

-birthday shopping for A

-grocery shopping, leisurely, without the "get in, get out, keep everyone in the cart and all the food we are not buying on the shelves" mentality I usually grocery shop with

-watching cooking shows

-lunch with an friend

It turns out all those things I should be doing and try to balance accomplishing everyday just aren't worth doing without the interruption of little requests for help putting on shoes, something to eat, reading a book or just anything to spend time with mama.  I am really puzzled as I begin to wonder what exactly I filled my time with before these little babies came into my life.  It is so quiet and boring around here now.

I miss you A and B!  Can't wait for you to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment